Tuesday, February 13, 2018

What is The Forge?

The Forge is home base for all small group activities.  It's where we meet with students for bible study, prayer, fellowship, and other stuff like making watermelons explode.










A forge is defined as a workshop containing a furnace for refining metal.  Our Forge is a place for refining hearts, educating our minds, and growing closer to Jesus. Each week more than 40 students come and participate in activities within our forge. This will be our first week having small group in 2018 and we are excited to review the why behind calling this place The Forge.




"Your hands have made me and formed me; give me understanding that I might learn your commandments."
Psalm 119:73

For something to be made there must be a maker. And our Maker is good at what he does. He doesn't make garbage. He is intentional and specific in knowing everything and everyone he makes. He is an expert, who when swinging the hammer, never misses the mark. 

I remember when my dad would be building something and I would try and help. He would eventually give me a "very important task" of hammering two boards together. While he worked on the real project I would be attempting to nail some throw-away extra material together. My father was wise to give me this task. I was awful. Just like every other six year old, I hit the board more than I did the nail. In the time it would take my dad to build a tree house and two picnic tables, I could destroy two pieces of wood without ever nailing them together. 

God never misses his mark. He strikes his hammer precisely where he means to. His vision is perfect and so is his plan.

Would you pray with us...
God, would you help direct us to be your ambassadors. Speak to us your vision and desire for this space. Give us understanding. Use this space to refine our hearts, to make your will come alive in us, and to build friendships.  Amen


- Spencer and Kendra Thomas









No comments:

Post a Comment